Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pink, Pink and More Pink!


This week I had two baby showers. I am so blessed to have the kind of family and friends who are willing to not only throw a shower but give us wonderful gifts that will help us with our growing family.
Last Saturday Kathy Jensen and her girls threw me a shower in Elmo. It was so nice and many great friends and family came and showered me with their love. Unfortunately the camera that I brought stayed in the car the entire shower and nobody else thought to take pictures. You will have to take my word for it that Kathy did a wonderful job. Everything was perfect from the decorations to the refreshments. If you ever need to be humbled about how many people love you, this is the type of event to have. Thank you to everyone who came and supported me.
The second shower was thrown by my sister, my mother-in-law and all of my sister-in-laws. It was in Price last Tuesday. I was again overwhelmed with the love that was shown. An outpouring of love came from many friends and family members again. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much baby stuff. I had a pretty awful day at the school that day and was overwhelmed with how many loving and caring people I have in my life.
Thank you again to everyone who helped and came to both of the showers. I was feeling a bit nervous about all the stuff we need to get to be ready when this baby comes, but I am feeling a lot better now. It took some time to organize everything (it helped that my generous mom bought the baby a couple of really nice dressers) but now things seem to be falling into place.
I am getting really excited to meet our new addition especially because she is moving around like crazy! I am hoping we will get to see her before Christmas! Again I am so grateful for the wonderful, supportive friends and family that we have and know that I am truly blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Carli:

    I am so happy for you guys and I can't wait to meet your little girl either:)

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo sorry I could not make it. Elih was hospitalized and well that took up my life. My poor other kids that were ignored and my house. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good shower and hopefully we can see one another soon! Yippeee for girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! I havent blogged or been on for a while so I am glad to hear you are adoing so well and that you are having a girl!!! SO FUN!! Good luck with everything and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom told me you were having a girl. Girls are so much fun, you will love it. There is nothing like being a mom. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete