Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Being a Mom

I just have to say that I am amazed by every mother in the world who gets anything done with a baby! I love being a mom and Abi is the best baby ever but it is so much work! She hasn’t learned that night time is for sleeping and day time is when she should be awake. We have tried everything to help her get things straightened out but it doesn’t seem to be working. I am hoping that I can master doing things with one hand.
I love to hold her and snuggle her up to me. She is starting to grin when we talk to her. She is growing like a weed! My Dr. asked me if I was feeding her cream! Lol!
I have had some complications with my c-section healing but I am happy to say that I am on the mend. My Dr. said that I am his favorite patient. I’m sure this is because I am making his house payment with all of my complications! lol
I started student teaching last week and even though I am so grateful for my placement at Cleveland Elementary and with Mrs. Sitterud, it is a lot of work. I have the greatest family that is helping me with Abi while I try and finish this last semester of school.
I am going to post some pictures of Abi as soon as I can. Thanks to everyone who left such sweet comments on my last post. We have received so many wonderful baby gifts and love from everyone. I am so grateful to live in this area with our wonderful families so close.

5 comments:

  1. It is definitely a lot of work taking care of a little one, but somehow we manage to do it. Mom's go through a lot, especially them first few months. Hormones alone are enough to make you scream. You're a beautiful mom Carli and you've got a beautiful daughter as well! I'm sure proud of ya! I'm always here if ya need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry all the craziness/stressfulness gets managable after a little bit! Hang in there, I am sure you are doing such a great job! Can't wait to see more pictures of your little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on baby Abigail! She is beautiful! Being a mom is the best job in the whole world! It will only get better with time! I read a couple of books that helped tremendously with Austin's sleep habits. 1-Babywise 2-Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child 3-Sleeping Through the Night. I'm sure you get loads of advice, but those books really made a difference. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing awesome, you and Brian both. One day you'll look back and wonder how you made it, and you'll tell Abi the stories of what it was like taking her on an adventure miles away from home being only 10 days old, but every step of the way we are learning new things. :) Let us know what we can do to help as well, we're nearby and busy, but we can make the time to babysit. Keep going Carli, we're almost done, and we will graduate together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am also amazed at how some moms can do it all, i try but its hard to keeps up with a toddler just you wait and see, im sorry to hear that you have had some complications :( thats not good news. whos your doctor? im sure your a wonderful mommmy and she is so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete